Black Rock Light C, CT
Black Rock Light Bridgeport, CT
Standing on Fayerweather Island, adjacent to Seaside Park at the entrance to Black Rock Harbor in Bridgeport, Connecticut, this Long Island Sound Historical Light is no longer functional.
Built from cut brownstone in 1823, this light was tended for over 50 years by Catherine Moore who rescued at least 21 mariners from shipwreck.
Today the light overlooks the harbor filled primarily with moored sailboats. People often hike across the breakfront from Seaside Park to the island to admire this beauty. Perhaps the best land view of this light is from Saint Mary's by the Sea Park, across the harbor in the Black Rock Section of Bridgeport.
The light is maintained by the Friends of Seaside Park.
Al LaBanca Sailor/Artist Darien, CT