Cleveland West Breakwater, OH
Cleveland West Breakwater Light
This very active aid to navigation was built in 1911 on a stone jetty that extends out into Lake Erie. She is identified by her alternating white and red flashes spaced every ten seconds. These lights can be seen from fourteen miles away. She stands thirty feet tall and has a horn to help sailors find their way in poor visibility. In addition, she is floodlighted.
Al LaBanca Sailor/Artist Darien, CT