Graves Ledge Light, MA
Graves Ledge Light
This important navigational aid was built and commissioned in 1905.
At night, she is identified by her flashing white light, (two bursts) every twelve seconds that can be seen from a distance of fifteen miles. The tower is ninety-eight feet high. In addition, she is equipped with a horn for foggy weather.
In the 1600s, Graves Ledge was named after Vice Admiral Thomas Graves.