Jupiter Light D, FL
Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse
This beautiful light dates back to 1860 and played a part in the Civil War. Confederate troops turned the light off to confuse Union shipping and it was turned on again in 1866.
This is an active aid to navigation and is owned and operated by the U.S. Coast Guard. She shows two white flashes every thirty seconds and can be seen from twenty-five miles away. Nautical charts list the tower at one hundred and forty-six feet tall.
A major renovation costing about $800,000 was recently completed and she looks great. A good place to view this light is from across the channel, but tours are available.
The Florida History Center & Museum manage this light.